The Gulf Conformity Mark (G-mark)
Your electrical product’s access to the Arab states of the Persian Gulf
The low voltage electrical products imported to the Arab States of the Persian Gulf needs a Gulf Conformity Mark – or a G-mark. It is a mandatory certification in Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the United Arab Emirates. Having your product G-marked will help you gain access to markets with a total of 80 million people!
The G-mark is used to confirm that the product conforms to all the technical requirements of the Gulf Cooperation Council, including both product Safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
Which products need a G-mark?
It is mandatory for a variety of common household products, plugs and socket-outlets:
• Domestic electrical fans
• Dryers and clothes washing machines
• Food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable
• Electro-thermic hair-dressing apparatus and
• Domestic electric heating apparatus
• Microwave ovens
• Ovens; cookers, cooking plates, boiling rings,
grillers, and roaster
• Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters
and immersion heaters
• Electric smoothing irons
• Plugs, socket outlets, plug adaptors, cord
extension sets and chargers
• Air conditioners
Nemko can help you!
Nemko has several years of experience helping companies with global market access – including to the Arab States of the Persian Gulf – and we can support with any testing, certification and certificate of conformity if required. This will guarantee a smooth process for you and your product and reduce your time to market.
The G-mark scheme requires certificates to be issued by a registered notified body. Nemko was one of the first companies to become a notified body for the Gulf Technical Regulation and our experienced personnel continue to participate in the development of the certification scheme. We will therefore always be able to provide you with the latest changes and updates regarding the scheme.
In addition, Nemko is one of the major certifications bodies for pre-shipment certificates, which are still mandatory for most countries in the Persian Gulf States.
How to obtain a G-mark certification?
The above figure illustrates the process for obtaining a G-mark certification.
During the process, Nemko will assist you in providing the documentation that will help support the certification process. The document list will include both general documentation as well as technical documentation.
• Signed application form
• Declaration that application is not lodged with any
other GSO Notified Body
• Economic Operator (EO) Business license
• Trademark certificate
• Manual(s) in Arabic and English language
• Product photo(s)
• Safety Test Report
• Acceptance of Safety Test report: IECEE CB scheme;
GSO Notified Bodies incl. subsidiaries
• EMC Test Report.
• Acceptance of EMC test report: IECEE CB scheme;
GSO Notified Bodies incl. subsidiaries; Accredited lab.
• Risk assessment.
• Documented by the manufacturer.
• Gulf-type examination certificate for plug (if not in test report)