ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001:2015 is the quality management system standard designed to create a more efficient and effective business operation.
Certification of the quality management system is a confirmation from an independent, competent, and accredited agency that the business adheres to the requirements of an internationally recognized quality management system standard.
ISO 9001:2015 is designed to assist with the following:
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Enhance marketing
- Improve employee motivation, awareness, and morale
- Promote international trade
- Increase profit
- Reduce waste
- Increase productivity
Certification according to ISO 9001:2015 is demonstrating that the organization fulfills the requirements of the standard. A central purpose of the standard and the certification is to verify that the organization is able to improve its process on a continual basis. Certification by an external body creates trust.
How does the certification process work?
The certification process consists of two phases:
- Phase 1 consists of a visit to the business in order to review the status of the organization, system documentation, infrastructure, etc. This assesses the maturity of the quality management system.
- Phase 2 is the certification audit aiming to verify that the system documentation meets the requirements of ISO 9001- standard. The certification audit will give feedback to the organization on issues that are not in conformance with the standard and that need to be corrected before a certificate can be issued.
The certificate will be valid for 3 years after being granted. During this period, annual surveillance audits will be conducted.